International Iqbal Society (Formerly DISNA) also known as “IIS” has the following major objectives:
- To help interested individuals in their pursuit to gain acumen regarding Iqbal and Iqbaliat, including facilitating their learning at a higher intellectual level.
- To provide a comprehensive support system (information and financial) for those who aim to attain education at a higher level in the field of research on Iqbal or Iqbaliat
- To foster an awareness of the importance of literature in general and Allama Iqbal's works in particular.
- To encourage the study and appreciation of Iqbal's true message for the Muslim Ummah
- To organize lectures, seminars, discussion groups, forums, debates, speech contests, Iqbal days and other gatherings on literary topics at national level, divisional level, district level, tehsil level and town levels in schools, colleges and other institutions
- To offer positive reinforcement in the form of awards and prizes for the sake of promoting excellence in the study of literature
- To establish and develop public libraries for research and academic activities in different areas which is in addition to the establishment of online libraries
The membership of International Iqbal Society will be open to everyone, regardless of religion, caste, creed, gender and place of residence who fully subscribe to the objectives of the society. There is no membership fee but we encourage and appreciate members or non members to be helpful volunteers.
The International Iqbal Society shall consist of following organizations complying by the fact that we will strictly focus on our educational objectives and will not be a part of any political organization:
1. A Primary Organization shall furnish the academic domains of urban and rural areas such as high schools, colleges and universities
2. A District Organization shall cater to the scholastic activities on the district front.
3. A National or Overseas Organization shall be formed for Pakistanis (local and overseas).
4. An international Organization shall sustain a global support apparatus for members all over the world including overseas Pakistanis
Members of the Each Organization:
Each primary organization shall consist of at least 30 Members.
There shall be a district organization for each district which shall consist of office bearers of all Tehsil/Sub Division in the district.
There shall be a national organization for the entire country including overseas Pakistanis, which shall include the IIS National Council and the Central Executive Committee.
There shall be an International Organization for the entire world including overseas Pakistanis, which shall include the IIS National Council and the Central Executive Committee of different countries.
Functions of the Organizations
Primary, District, Provincial, National and International IIS Organizations
The functions of IIS shall be:
- To motivate people for education at all levels
- To promote literary programmes (lectures, seminars, discussion groups, forums, debates, speech contests, Iqbal days) at schools, colleges, universities, and other institutes
- To assist the students of PhD programs on Iqbal or Iqbaliat in terms of choosing topics for research, selection of academic institutions, scholarships etc
- To work at the grass root level for mass literacy and education
- To promote an awareness of the importance of literature in general and Allama Iqbal's works in particular
- To encourage the study and appreciation of Iqbal's true message for the Muslim ummah
- To cultivate excellence in the study of literature through positive reinforcement in the form of awards and prizes for students at local institutions
- To establish and develop public libraries for research and various other academic activities in different areas along with online libraries
- To establish IIS Schools/ IIS Academies/ IIS colleges/ IIS Universities gradually to provide free education to deserving people.
- To establish IIS educational institutions, free of cost, for special children
- To start publishing IIS monthly magazine/ newsletter.
- To find volunteers in the following professional domains: Researchers, Educationists, Speakers, Debaters, Information Technology, Translators, Audios/Videos organizers, Writers, Poets, Financial supporters, Publishers, Event Managers/ Program Organizers. Any other professional help will be duly appreciated.
- To develop a conducive nexus with universities, academies and other institutions around the world